I’m not the spiritual type, but I find dreams so interesting. It is so bizarre how your brain can make up the craziest, most random stuff while you’re asleep. No, this isn’t about my future goals!
For a few years now, I have been noting down any dreams that I remember, I now have almost 300 different dreams written down, so I thought I would go through a few of them and look up their meaning. I don’t particularly believe in the meaning, but I find it very interesting to read about. I think there will be a few parts to this blog post, so look forward to those! Just a warning, some of my dream are insane, scary, freaky and messed up. I am going to note the most stand-out things and write down what it means to see that particular object in your dream.
I remember a lot more dreams these days than I used to, or I have just started dreaming more, or my memory has improved. I quite often don’t know what people are in my dreams, or it’s a person I know, but they are representing someone else. I’m not going to mention any names in these, I may even replace the name with something else. I hope you enjoy reading my crazy dreams.
- I was at home at night with my Dad, and I believe someone else, but I’m not sure who. Apparently Mum was missing. I went to the front window and had a gun pointed at my face, and it ended up being the police. Turns out Mum was outside and had called the police because there was someone down the side way of the house.
- Gun: “To see a gun in your dream represents aggression, anger, and potential danger. You could be on the defensive about something, or you may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence. Alternatively, a gun is a symbol of power and pride. Perhaps you are looking for shelter or protection in your dream.”
- Police: “To see the police in your dream symbolises structure, rules, power, authority and control. You need to put an end to your reckless behaviour or else the law will catch up to you. Alternatively, the dream refers to failure in honouring your obligation and commitments.”
- I was at a really cool shopping centre, and it was massive. I was with Charlie Sheen from Two and a Half Men, we walked into a clothing store and Alan (Jon Cryer), his brother on the show, worked in there. The stuff that was sold in the store was really weird, and I remember seeing fairy lights.
- Shopping: “To dream you are at the shops symbolises the choices, decisions and options you have in your waking life. These choices will help shape you you are as a person. You are trying to establish your identity and sense of self. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are trying to make a favourable impression on someone. The shops is also symbolic of materialism and the need to keep up with the trends, fads and/or the latest technology. Consider the type and name of the stores that you see in your dreams.”
- Fairy Lights: “To see or hang string lights in your dream implies flexibility in how you see things.”
- I had a dream that two of my friends (both male), were in my lounge room eating each others clothes, while an American version of Harry Potter was on TV, set to finish at 2am.
- Harry Potter: “To see Harry Potter in your dream indicates that you have the potential to accomplish amazing things in the face of hardships. Harry Potter reflects a more modern, atypical version of a movie hero with glasses and a quiet yet immensely strong personality.”
- TV: “To dream that you are watching television represents your mind and it’s flowing thoughts. The dream reflects how you are receiving, integrating, and expressing your ideas and thoughts. The programs you dream of watching are an objective view of the things that are in your mind.”
- Movie: “To dream that you are watching a movie suggests that you are watching life pass you by. Perhaps you are living vicariously through the actions of others. Consider also how the movie parallels to situations in your waking life. Observe how the characters relate to you and how they may represent an aspect of yourself.”
- I was at a shopping centre, and the band Simple Plan were there, and I got to meet them as they were hanging around the bottom of an escalator. I got a photo with Pierre (the main singer) and it was great.
- Shopping Centre: see explanation in second dream
- Band: “To see a band or play with a band in your dream represents a sense of community and belonging. The dream may also be a pun on banding together and need for cooperation/unity.”
All dream meanings have come from Dreammoods
I have said the word ‘dream’ 30 times in this post, you’re welcome.
I hope you enjoyed these, there are plenty more where they came from!