Welcome to the 11th post of ‘My Dreams & Nightmares’. I really enjoy writing these, and I really hope you like reading them!
- I had a dream I was 2 hours late for work. I took my time having breakfast for some silly reason and I only had half an hour to get ready for work, which is impossible as work is 35 minutes away. I eventually got in the car and had made it half way down the freeway and noticed I had forgotten to put shoes and socks on.
Breakfast: “To dream about breakfast indicates the start of a new project or the beginning of a new stage in your life. Alternatively, your mind may already be thinking ahead on what to make for breakfast in the morning. It is not uncommon for your fleeting thoughts to be incorporated into your dream.”
Late: “To dream that you are late signifies your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. Time is running out and you no longer have time to accomplish all the things you want. Alternatively, being late in your dream could be telling you that it is better late than never.”
Freeway: “To dream that you are on a freeway indicates that you are feeling liberated and free. You are well on your way to achieving your goals.”
- I was at a hotel in Canberra – the capital city of Australia (I’m from Melbourne) with a friend who was a girl (I don’t even know who it was but she was my friend). All the hotel rooms were different themes and layouts, it was actually really cool.
Canberra/city: “To see a city in your dream signifies your social environment and sense of community.”
Hotel: “To see a hotel in your dream signifies a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. You are undergoing some sort of transition and need to move away from your old habits and old way of thinking. You need to temporarily escape from your daily life. Alternatively, the dream may imply a loss in your personal identity.”
- I was walking around a shopping centre naked wrapped in a towel, trying to get somewhere.
Naked: “To dream that you are naked denotes fear of being found out and exposed over your activities. You feel that you are being misjudged.”
Towel: “To see or use a towel in your dream suggests that you need to deal with your emotions in order to move forward in your life. You need to find some sort of resolution. Alternatively, it represents completion, a fresh start and new transition.”
Shops: “To dream you are at a shopping centre symbolises the choices, decisions and options you have in your waking life. These choices will help shape who you are as a person. You are trying to establish your identity and sense of self. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are trying to make a favorable impression on someone. The shopping centre is also symbolic of materialism and the need to keep up with the trends, fads, and/or the latest technology. Consider the type and name of store that you see in your dreams.”
- I lived in a different house with Mum and Dad. Mum, a friend and myself were going to walk down to the shops, though it was super dark outside and Dad wan’t home. I got distracted because the doors wouldn’t lock – we never ended up making it to the shops. The area looked so creepy.
House: “To see a new house in your dream indicates that you are taking on a new identity and developing new strengths. You are becoming more emotionally mature.”
Mum: “To see your Mum is your dream represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development.”
Dark: “To dream that darkness comes upon you signifies failure in some work that you are attempting. Darkness is synonymous with ignorance, the subconscious, evil, death, and fear of the unknown. To have a dream that take place at night represents some major setbacks and obstacles in achieving your goals. You are being faced with an issue that is not so clear cut. Perhaps you should put the issues aside so you can clear your head and come back to it later. Alternatively, night may be synonymous with death, rebirth, reflection and new beginnings.”
- I was in a car accident (I don’t even know who was driving) and my braces broke (I haven’t had braces in years). They broke in 3 different places and I couldn’t open my mouth. The earliest I could get into my orthodontists was in a couple of days. I didn’t know how I was going to eat during this time.
Car accident: “To dream of a car accident symbolises your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. Are you ‘driving’ yourself too hard? Perhaps you need to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to re-think or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path.”
Braces: “To dream that you have braces indicates your brashness and critics of others. You should not be so quick to criticise. You need to stop talking too much and listen to what others have to say. The dream may also be a pun on ‘brace yourself’.”
Orthodontist: “To dream of the orthodontist in your dream represents concerns about your appearance. Alternatively, the dream indicates your diminishing power. You are losing authority or effectiveness in some area of your waking life.”
I hope you enjoyed the dreams listed in this post! My mind is weird.
If you have any of your own dreams you would like me to analyse, please let me know!