Hi everyone, it has been AGES since I’ve done a recipe post, so I thought it would be a great idea to do one today! This particular recipe is so easy, pretty inexpensive and makes a few meals. This is something that is great to make at the start of your work/school week – healthy lunch is sorted! It depends how much you put in each serving, mine usually makes 4 servings, but you could stretch it out to 5 if you wish!
Forget boring salads which just consist of lettuce, cucumber and tomato, here is my exciting salad!
- 2 small tins of tuna
- 400g tin of lentils
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- small bag of washed spinach leaves
- 1 cup Bio Cheese (or another dairy-free cheese substitute)
- Small tin of baby beetroot
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Portion out the spinach into 4-5 containers/bowls
- Drain lentils and chickpeas, wash, and portion out into the meals you have
- Grate Bio Cheese and sprinkle over the top
- Drain baby beetroots and cut into halves or quarters and split into the meals
- Drizzle over olive oil
- Crack salt and pepper over the top, mix if desired.
- You’re done. It’s that easy! 6 Steps!
Of course you can easily mix this recipe up with things you like. Sometimes instead of Bio Cheese I use feta as that works great also.
If you’re eating the salad straight after making, I would highly recommend adding avocado as it is great healthy fats and helps fill you up. I LOVE avocado, but I know not everyone does, so only add it if you desire!
Sometimes I’m not feeling beetroot so I leave that out, and the salad is still a fulfilling meal. I used to replace the beetroot with tomato, but I no longer do that as I am fructose intolerant – but tomato is great to add if you like it.
To make this recipe cheaper, swap out Bio Cheese for normal tasty cheese (if you’re not dairy/lactose intolerant)
You can easily make this recipe vegan, but swapping out tuna for tofu, or anything else really!
At the moment this is my favourite salad to have. It is so quick and easy, great if you work full-time or if you are a full-time student. Do you have any easy meals of your own? Let me know below!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and it appeals to you!