Hi everyone, today I’ve decided to do another recipe post – I have a lot of food intolerance’s so this is a very tummy-friendly meal. It also makes a heap of meals (it made about 7 for us) so it is great for work or school lunches! This is also such a quick, easy and pretty healthy recipe, and you can alter it to suit your dietary requirements! This is a pasta with an olive oil based sauce as all other sauces have tomato, garlic or onion in them – which are things I can’t have.
- 500g pasta of your choice (gluten free if you can’t have gluten!)
- Pumpkin (kent or butternut)
- 400g tin of chic peas
- Small bag of spinach
- Olive oil
- Grated cheese to serve (to make this vegan – use dairy free cheese)
- Boil a large pot of water
- While water is boiling, cut up the pumpkin into small chunks
- Once water is boiled, add pasta and pumpkin and boil for 10 minutes
- When the pasta and pumpkin is well cooked – drain using a colander and put back in pot
- Add spinach, chic peas, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir well
- Portion out into servings
- Add cheese on top
- You’re done!
I am a big fan of easy meals so this is a great recipe for me. It also gives me peace of mind that I know exactly what ingredients are in my meals so I know they are safe for me. At this current time I am unable to have fructose, rice or meat.
Have you seen my previous recipes?
Hope this has been useful for you, thanks for reading!