Welcome to my 20th post on my dreams and their meanings! I’ve been a little slow with getting these posts out as there is only so much a girl can dream, and I have actually been dreaming a lot less than I usually do.
Dreams mainly occur in the rapid-eye movement (REM) stage of sleep – when brain activity is high and resembles that of being awake. REM is revealed by continuous eye movement during sleep. At times, dreams can occur during other stages of sleep.
- I was at a bar, my fiance was also there but he was totally ignoring me. I also recall seeing a girl/worker with iPhone headphones in listening to music, also ignoring me as a customer and being rude. After this, I then remember being at a busy ‘beach’, though it was more like a lake as there was a large body of water in the middle with sand all around it. I saw my fiance sitting on the sand, again, still ignoring me. I walked around to the opposite side of the water and sat by myself. My fiance eventually came over to me.
Bar: “To dream that you are at a public bar signifies your desire to escape from the stresses of your daily life (relatable) and retreat into a light-hearted environment where pleasure abounds. Alternatively, you are seeking acceptance in some aspect of your daily life. The dream also may be a pun on being ‘barred’ from some place or something. You are feeling excluded or held back by circumstances beyond your control.”
Fiance: “To see your fiance in your dream symbolises your waking relationship with him or her. Often dreams focus on suppressed feelings that you have yet to express to your fiance.”
Beach: “To see the beach in your dream symbolises the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual.”
Sand: “To see sand in your dream signifies a shift in perspective or a change in your attitude. Consider the familiar phrase, ‘the sand of time’ in which it may be suggesting that you are wasting your time or letting time pass you by.”
Ignore: “To dream that you are being ignored represents some aspect of yourself which you are not paying enough attention to. Perhaps you are overlooking something. Alternatively, it may reflect your real waking experiences of being ignored by that person.”
I wanted to see the meaning for headphone also, but it only gave me a meaning for myself wearing them, not somebody else, so that wouldn’t have been accurate.
- One of my friends was having a party in a park, turned out she was announcing her pregnancy. Though I didn’t know who the father was. Also, there was a competition happening there with which couple had been engaged the longest – and the winners were Josh and myself. For some reason, our prize was to get the first chance to adopt a dog. The dog was small and scruffy.
Park: “To dream that you are at a park represents temporary escape from reality. It indicates renewal, meditation and spirituality. You may be undergoing a readjustment period after experiencing some serious personal conflict or an end to a passionate affair.”
Pregnant: “To dream that someone else is pregnant indicates that you are experiencing a closer connection to this person.”
Competition: “To dream that you are in a competition represents your need to grow and expand. Learn the value of endurance and perseverance. You also need to be more assertive. Alternatively, the dream may reflect your anxiety about some real life competition that you are involved in. To dream that you win a competition suggests that you possess the necessary skills to accomplish a goal or solve a problem in your waking life.”
Dog: “To see a dog in your dream symbolises intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. The dream suggests that your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success. The dream dog may also represent someone in your waking life who exhibits these qualities. Alternatively, to see a dog in your dream indicates a skill that you may have ignored or forgotten.”
- I was at a work colleagues apartment just outside of the city, and we were about to get on a tram to get to the city centre.
Co-worker: “To see a coworker in your dream highlights aspects of your waking relationship with them, including difficulties/support. It signifies your ambition, struggles, and competitive nature. Work-related dreams can often be linked to stress at work.”
City: “To see a city in your dream signifies your social environement and sense of community. If you dream of a big city then it suggests that you need to develop closer ties and relationships. You are feeling alienated and alone.”
Tram: “To see a tram in your dream suggests that you need to be more disciplined in certain aspects of your life.”
- I was in a strange town by myself, somewhere I had never been before. I decided to treat myself, and bought some gourmet cookies and some items in Target for our house. It was a large shopping centre with different shops than what I am used to. There was also a ‘Boohoo’ clothing shop (an online clothing website), which I went into a walked out of almost instantly.
Strange Town/Unknown Location: “To dream that you are in a strange place represents change in your life. Consider hoe you feel about the surrounding. If you are excited or happy in this strange place, then it suggests that you are ready for change.
Cookies: “To dream that you are buying cookies suggests that you are giving into some temptation. You have been working hard and deserve to indulge yourself.”
Shopping: “To dream that you are shopping symbolises your needs and desires. It also represents opportunities and options that you come across in life. Consider what you are shopping for and what needs you are trying to fulfill. In particular, to dream that you are shopping for food and groceries signifies your hidden attempt to buy the attention of others. If you are shopping for clothes, then it suggests that you are trying to put forth a new image.”
Shopping Centre: “To dream that you are at the mall symbolises the choices, decisions and options you have in your waking life. These choices will help shape who you are as a person. You are trying to establish your identity and sense of self. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are trying to make a favourable impression on someone. The mall is also symbolic of materialism and the need to keep up with the trends, fads, and/or latest technology. Consider the type and name of stores that you see in your dreams.
- I was at Kendall Rae’s house (YouTuber), and it turned out it was a share house. I recall seeing a cleaner there. I then recall going outside and walking around the neighbourhood. I saw someone walking in the opposite direction towards me. When they passed, I turned around to take another look. They had completely changed clothes and everything.
Share house: “To dream that you are inside a strangers home implies that you need to work on some aspect of yourself and better your mind or body. Alternatively, the dream is also representive of your maturing mindset.”
Neighbourhood: “To dream that you are in an unknown neighbourhood signifies aspects of your subconcious. The dream may also parallel a waking situation which is new or unfamiliar to you. You are venturing into a brand new territory and it is making you slightly anxious and uneasy.”
Walking: “To dream that you are walking with ease signifies a slow, but steady progress toward your goals. You are moving through life in a confident manner. Consider your destination.”
Stranger: “To see a stranger in your dream signifies a part of yourself that is repressed and hidden. Alternatively, it symbolises the archetypal dream helper who is offering you insight and advice.”
All dream meanings are from Dreammoods as per usual!
I hope you enjoyed these random dreams – let me know in the comments below if you have had any strange/funny dreams lately!
As always, thanks for reading and thank you for all of your love and support!