Hey everyone, and welcome back to another ‘Baking with Chelsea’! Now for today, I’m going to share with you, one of my favourite recipes ever! And that is a simple, easy and delicious classic choc chip cookie recipe. I make these every 1-2 weeks as I like to have one or two for morning tea when I’m at work. My other half also LOVES them, and inhales around four of them in the one sitting. The little bit of salt added it gives them an extra depth of flavour, and I just love it! They are so addicting. Now, lets get into the recipe!
What you need
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g milk chocolate chips
What to do
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or 160 fan-forced)
- Line three baking trays with baking paper, and set aside for later.
- In a medium or large mixing bowl, cream the butter (I melt it a little in the microwave first to speed up and help the combining process), both of the sugars (normal and brown) and vanilla.
(the butter is in the bowl, it’s just hidden!)
4. Add the egg, flour and salt and combine
5. Stir in the chocolate chips! The ones pictured below are my favourite to use. I also add the whole packet in, which is 200g, so 50g more than the recipe. I love it this was as I like a lot of choc chips in the cookies, but if you rather less, then I would hold back and stick with the 150g!
I stir these in manually – I don’t want to risk putting them in my electric mixer!
6. Roll mixture into teaspoon-sized balls (or however big you want them) and place on prepared baking trays, leaving enough room for mixture to spread as it cooks.
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes (in my oven I cook for about 15 minutes – so times may vary). Leave them to cook on tray for a few minutes before moving them over to wire racks for cooling.
And there you have it, yummy sweet cookies! These are so quick and easy to make. They are great for kids, as well as movie nights, a morning tea snack or an afternoon tea snack. These are also great to have on hand if you have guests popping by your house!
You can check out the original recipe here
Thanks for reading, I hope this has given you some baking inspiration and motivation!