I thought I’d done a stir fry recipe post on here, but I have just checked and I haven’t so I am going to do one now! I made one the other night, and it made me think to do a blog post. This isn’t a recipe I’ve got from anywhere, I have just made it up myself. You can basically make stir fry’s your own – just chuck whatever you like in there! I used in my recipe:
- Diced Beef
- Cashew nuts
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
I don’t have particular measurements of anything – just put in however much you want of each thing. You can also change up the recipe – for example you could use chicken instead of beef, or even Tofu to make it vegan/vegetarian. You could also use rice instead of noodles.
You’ll need a large wok for this cook, so make sure you have one ready.
I accidentally overcooked the beef (oops), but I can’t eat any meat pink at all, even if it’s meant to be that colour. I’m weird.
Let’s go through the method of how I did it:
- I added oil, the diced beef, salt and pepper to the wok, and cooked the beef.
- I then added all the veggies except spinach – broccoli, carrot, zucchini & capsicum. Cook on high until the veggies soften.
- While the veggies cook, boil a kettle full of water to add to a large bowl to cook the noodles. Leave the noodles in there for 2-5 mins then drain. Noodles will then be ready to serve into dishes.
- Add as much soy sauce as you like, and mix. I also added more salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and then cashew nuts. Cook until spinach is wilted.
This is a simple and quick meal – it also makes quite a few serves – I made 8. It is also pretty healthy and has a good veggie mix with carbs, protein and iron.
I put the noodles at the bottom and the stir fry mix on top. You can mix the noodles through if you like, whatever you prefer.
This is a perfect bulk recipe to have meals for work, school etc.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments what your perfect stir fry would be!
Thanks for reading – if you have any questions, just ask below!