I love this recipe – it is so easy! Once you make your own carbonara, you’ll never want to go back to the jar versions. The jar ones are actually kind of gross when I think about it. I thought I would post this recipe – I usually make up measurements as I go but I’ll put close measurements below to make the recipe easier to follow. This is so quick and easy – and it makes a few leftovers too which is always great!! Let’s get into the recipe.
- 500g pasta of choice (I used penne)
- 300ml thickened cream
- 200g ham, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 50g grated cheese of choice (I used tasty)
- 1tbps olive oil
You can also add onion and garlic for flavour – I don’t as I can’t eat these!
- Fill large pot with water with salt and bring to boil.
- Cut up ham ready for sauce.
- Add cream, eggs, and olive oil, chives, salt and pepper to a medium bowl, then whisk together. (I forgot to use chives this time round so I used mixed dry herbs instead!)
- Add the ham and grated cheese to the sauce mixture, then give another stir. (looks a bit gross I know!)
- Once the water is boiled, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta, then put back in pot.
- Add the sauce to the pot and stir well. You can put this on a low heat on the stove if desired.
- SERVE & ENJOY! I also add more grated cheese on top, yum.
I find this is a great Sunday night dinner as it makes lunches/dinners for the next 2 days. So quick and easy, you can’t really go wrong!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and that you give it a go yourself. These are the measurements I use, but you can change it to suit yourself.
Thanks for reading!